The Baptist LifeFlight Team
The Baptist LifeFlight Communications Center is the core of the Baptist LifeFlight team. Dispatchers, who are themselves certified emergency medical technicians (EMTs), work behind the scenes coordinating vital information and resources. Eight pilots and two full-time mechanics have been specifically selected for the Baptist LifeFlight team based on their extensive experience and ability.
On board Baptist LifeFlight, a registered nurse with paramedic certification and a certified paramedic use their skills to help treat critically ill patients. Both of these crew members are highly skilled in the care of trauma, medical and pediatric patients and have worked a number of years in emergency services.
Serving Northwest Florida, South Alabama, and South Mississippi, Baptist LifeFlight, the region’s only medical helicopter service.
NOTE: the Baptist LifeFlight Crew pages are currently being updated and will be available for viewing soon...
The Baptist LifeFlight crew is comprised of the following highly trained teams:
- LifeFlight 1 | Lifeflight 2 | LifeFlight3 | LifeFlight 4
- Composed of a Flight Nurse/Paramedic, Flight Paramedic and Pilot.
- Rated as airline transport pilots (ATP) or commercial pilot – rotorcraft helicopter, the highest level of competency a pilot can achieve.
- Flight Mechanics
- Ensure the overall safety of the helicopter and have been recognized by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for their dedication and safety records.
- Communication Technicians
- All Florida licensed EMTs/Paramedics and answer the call between agencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They assist in patient placement and begin the transport process.
- Medical Staff / Administrative